• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Helpppp

budgiezila

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Max
I’m trying to get the budgies into another cage while cleaning. They refuse to be lured out. I tried to get one to step on my hand, I tried to herd them, etc (bad ideas I know, I accidentally grabbed Butter once) I hate them to be sad but there’s no food or anything In The cage that they refuse to leave

budgiezila

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Max
Update- I got Azul and buttercup in. I had to force them and I scared Buttercup, but they seemed like they were very very hungry. I know I’ll regret this...

budgiezila

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Max
Pastel hopped on my finger and let me take him out once he saw that I was gonna put him in another cage with the others

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
You probably have tried this but perhaps millet in the cage and have them door to door if possible?

budgiezila

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Max
You probably have tried this but perhaps millet in the cage and have them door to door if possible?
We are out of Millet unfortunately, so I put a treat stick in the other cage to entice them. No luck. They are all in now but for future reference I would not like to have grabbing them be my only option

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
We are out of Millet unfortunately, so I put a treat stick in the other cage to entice them. No luck. They are all in now but for future reference I would not like to have grabbing them be my only option
I'm guessing this other cage is a smaller cage? When you do get your hands on millet do try that. Budgies are suckers for millet!

You can try target training with them if you haven't already done so. They don't have to be hand tame in order to do this either :)

budgiezila

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Max
I'm guessing this other cage is a smaller cage? When you do get your hands on millet do try that. Budgies are suckers for millet!

You can try target training with them if you haven't already done so. They don't have to be hand tame in order to do this either :)
Okay, sounds good! I’ll try target training (I thought they had to be hand tame) thanks for the advice, you never let me down!