• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Helping my cockatiel to sleep

Eqiine

Meeting neighbors
I didn’t know where to post this, but I guess sleeping is healthy so I’ll put it here.
My cockatiel currently lives in my room (don’t worry, I don’t have any air fresheners, deodorant, or anything else in here that makes fumes that could kill her) but I’m worried about her sleep schedule.
I stay up pretty late, like really late, and I put my teil to sleep from 7:30 to 8:30 (turning off lights and covering her cage, I do have really dim light I turn in to hopefully stop her from falling off perches as she has done this many times when I first got her) and I take of the blanket at 6 in the morning (I wish I could do it later, but I can tell that she’s awake by then anyway.)

Anyway, my issue is that I’m worried I’m being too loud for her. Whether it’s from me talking to my friends of a night (which I try not to when she needs to go to sleep) or turning in my bed, or even getting up and down from my bed (I sleep in a loft bed with stairs, and I have to squeeze past her cage lol. I have a small room.)
I can’t keep her outside of my room, since I have a 3 year old sister (major age gap) that doesn’t understand that she scares the bird. And of a morning/evening my room is the quietest place sadly.
So the question is, how can I make sure she’s getting the sleep she needs, since I’m a clumsy and slightly loud person who seems to forget everything and have to climb up and down my bed of a night lol.

Attachments

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
Options : cover her cage at night with a light sheet, it helps with sleeping. If there is noise, that's going to wake the Bird. You might need to keep her in another room if there is a quieter room. Another option might be is that your Bird is not getting stimulated enough during the day. She needs to get exercise and get attention especially before putting her to bed so shes it worn out.

Eqiine

Meeting neighbors
Options : cover her cage at night with a light sheet, it helps with sleeping. If there is noise, that's going to wake the Bird. You might need to keep her in another room if there is a quieter room. Another option might be is that your Bird is not getting stimulated enough during the day. She needs to get exercise and get attention especially before putting her to bed so shes it worn out.
Thanks! I already cover her cage with a sheet, and she is outside of her cage whenever I can let her out, but I’ll make sure she gets more attention before I put her to sleep.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
A white noise machine? That might block out some of the noise for her.