• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I suggest taking him to the avian vet. He doesnt sound well.:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I agree, vet visit needed. Please do not wait any longer. It could be something like too much yeast in his crop.

LEO!!!!

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
christian
oh no i called the person who gave me leo my sun conure they said to give him soft food' like bananas and apple sauce like mushy food.it's been about a week now and he is all better now he acts the same like when i first got him :dance5::heart: oh and thanks for caring love yall.:hug8::heart:

LEO!!!!

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
christian
Re: some thing's not right?

well my sun conure leo is pooping orange and white but he has never pooped that color besides white i'm getting concerned and he is acting like a baby also i just want to know if yall have had this happen before to one of yall's parrot's and if so please help :sun:

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does he get colored pellets?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Strawberries could colour his poop orangey. The white is urates not poop.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
well my sun conure leo is pooping orange and white but he has never pooped that color besides white i'm getting concerned and he is acting like a baby also i just want to know if yall have had this happen before to one of yall's parrot's and if so please help :sun:
no he eat's seed's and fruit he likes strawberries and i have been giving him some :)
We did help, and evidently we have seen this happen, as many responded saying it sounded like a hungry baby.We said it would be best to take him to the vet to find out if there is a health issue. It has been a month and you have not yet taken him?:( We also gave better suggestions for what to feed him.Strawberries and seeds are an incomplete diet. He has no protein. Pellets? Vegetables? Legumes and beans?

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
I'm concerned because you said you've had him for 3 months and he's only 4 months. There's no way ANY bird could be weaned at a month old. Please tell me I'm looking at this wrong :confused:

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
I'm concerned because you said you've had him for 3 months and he's only 4 months. There's no way ANY bird could be weaned at a month old. Please tell me I'm looking at this wrong :confused:
ETA: I'm not trying to be rude but if he wasn't weaned or properly weaned, there could be major repercussions for this baby. We are just trying to help and would need to know if he wasn't properly weaned :)

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
It also really concerns me that this baby is only 4 months old and you've had it for 3 months. It REALLY concerns me that your "breeder" wouldn't have had you start a good diet with the bird.

Almost and reputable breeder would tell you to atleast offer pellets while the baby is still young. I know some breeders who just start their babies on pellets and fruit completely with no seed.

Coming from the mom of TWO seed junkies I can tell that both of them weren't started on any type of pellet. Only seed. Down the road it is VERY hard to get them to switch.

I'm also pretty concerned you haven't takin this bird to the vet yet.

LEO!!!!

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
christian
no like i said i feed him seeds and fruit and veggies and he the breeder had leo for i think 2 1 month when i got him he had all his feathers i've had him 5 months now and yes you did give me help but i called the breeder and he said to feed him mushy foods i did he is alll fine but he was pooing orange now its turning green and he is acting normal and i also play with him every day and give him a bath two:) he gets fresh air he doesnt seem to like the seeds much and what pellet food do yall feed yall birds????

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Maybe you can start a new thread asking about nutrition in the conure section, since the emergency has now passed.:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am glad he is doing better.:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Go to whatever forum you like and look at the top left, you will see "post new thread" in blue, with a hawkhead icon.:)

Parront

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Annrose
I agree this baby needs a vet visit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.