• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsunconure

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raymond :]
Call me a baby but I think I'm tearing up right now. :'(

Edit: I wish there was some way that Mona can come back to AA.

Last edited:

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Truthfully..as I read through this thread multiple announcements that she was responsible for sentencing this baby to death, that she shouldn't have gotten the bird (when her mother got it, not her) if she had no money, and her explanations that she didn't personally have the money for the initial vet visit, her mother controlled the funds, ownership and fate of the bird and she came on here seeking out help...

I would have bolted too. Sorry, but true. The offers of help WERE amazing, but when peppered with guilting her for being personally unable to control another person's birds fate because she has no funds wasn't called for. :( It made me rather sad actually since we'll never know the birds fate and she'll never see the offers that people made to donate to a fund to a vet. She sounded like what she was, a young woman who was desperately trying to get help despite her frustrated mother's demands that she wanted to send the bird back.

We don't know what the situation is. We know they expected a baby that was MUCH further along then this little one. I hope she comes back, I hope we can prove we're not always this way.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
There were a lot of beneficial suggestions and help offered in this thread so with those posts in mind lets hope monaaa can use some of what was offered and ignore the rest. This thread is now closed.

WingedVictory

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Update.....Sometimes we need to be patient!

I received this udate from Monaaa about their bird:

"We sent the bird back, he made it safely and the breeder owned up to his mistake. He will be refunding the money back to my account, he also said he would be taking him to the Vet ASAP. I talked to my mother and she, myself and the breeder agreed that if he takes the bird to get necessary medical attention we will re-purchase the bird from him and give him a loving forever home.

We researched macaws and are not new to birds, we also had enough money to raise the bird with no problems. My mother is just hard to deal with sometimes and felt like it was not her place to pay the bill in this situation and I couldn't reason with her. She wasn't on the forum herself because she older and isn't computer literate and didn't even know forums existed until I told her about the information that I was getting. I made an account so that I could help the bird to the best of my ability with advice of multiple more experienced people rather than google or books articles.

Thank you to everyone who offered help to pay the bills or the cost of the bird but I hadn't logged on in time to see them, I won't address the negative comments as I know that they're just caused by frustration. I also choose not to deal with them though and I won't be an active member of this forum. "

You can share that with them word for word if you like, or put it into your own words, or not.
And Thank You, I really appreciate your kindness, its not often people care enough to do something like that."

http://oi54.tinypic.com/efux5.jpg

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.