• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help!

littleteen

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jannat
I don't know what happened to my cockatiel! She was fine but yesterday she flew in other room and i don't know what happened she might slipped then i saw her leg is broken ( right one) but she still can grip but can't stand properly whenever she want to close her eyes she falls off. I took her to the vet today but he said her leg is not broken she might get pain in her leg that's why she is doing like that but i am not sure is it right or wrong? he also give me some vitamins and i am beginner i don't know what to do help me guys! i am so worried about her !! she is my first tame bird i don't wanna lose her! help me guys please!

Attachments

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Did you take your tiel to an avian vet?
I've heard that sometimes normal cat and dog vets can miss little things like hairline fractures or torn tendons.
Hope your baby feels better soon xx

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I don't know what happened to my cockatiel! She was fine but yesterday she flew in other room and i don't know what happened she might slipped then i saw her leg is broken ( right one) but she still can grip but can't stand properly whenever she want to close her eyes she falls off. I took her to the vet today but he said her leg is not broken she might get pain in her leg that's why she is doing like that but i am not sure is it right or wrong? he also give me some vitamins and i am beginner i don't know what to do help me guys! i am so worried about her !! she is my first tame bird i don't wanna lose her! help me guys please!
I agree with @Spearmint , it sounds like your vet isn't experienced with birds. It sounded like he was a bit dismissive to just shrug and send you home with vitamins!

In the meantime, you could put her in a smaller cage or put some platforms or cushions in her cage so she can rest. Make sure food and water is easy for her to get to especially if she can't put weight on her foot.

:( Poor girl, she looks so sweet and it's clear how much you love her!

littleteen

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jannat
Did you take your tiel to an avian vet?
I've heard that sometimes normal cat and dog vets can miss little things like hairline fractures or torn tendons.
Hope your baby feels better soon xx
I don't know whether it's avian vet or not. I live in Abu Dhabi. There are so many veterinary clinic but most of them for cats and dogs. I saw in their website they provide service for birds so i was sure they can help! but i can't see any difference she still sitting on her foot . I put a towel below her cage and she is sitting there! 8D93AC5E-A4B1-4470-A86C-3325679B2884.jpeg