• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help

Afshi

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Afsheen
Hi members i have a cockatiel he's 1. 5 years old he has some beak issue ingrown beak upside Down got trimmed but not normal beak like other birds plus here is no vet in my Area or even in City they are Vets nor special for birds so problem is as my cockatiel only eat uncooked brown Rice so he got health issues i tried so hard for veggies beans Soft foods but he used to remain Hungry all day so i gave him his Rice but since one month he's ill and he's on hand feed and am Worried when he will get better he will again go for his previous diet?? Can Anyone help me how can i switch him i also gave him mix cockatiel seeds but he don't eat or maybe due to his beak issue he can't peel seeds that's y he don't eat anything expect Brown rice so what should i do??

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Have you tried mixing the rice with some other soft foods?

You can get hulled millet and cook it, maybe he could eat it that. Way. Or cooked quinoa, other grains. Nearly any food you can mash would be good to try.

He is going to have health issues if we can’t figure out how to vary his diet.