• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

HELP.....

Jay1970

Checking out the neighborhood
i had 2 cockatiels the female laid 2 eggs then she died 2 weeks later of a stroke the male sat on them for 2 days and then gave up i moved them under a budgie who hatched them she sits on them keeping them warm but i feed them as she cant (dont know why) yesterday i got one out to feed but it fell from my hand but a caught it with my other pulling it to my chest i have bruised its head it has swollen a bit today he is eating well and doing good but will this of done anything to the bird ?... ive put a photo on

Attachments

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel

Jay1970

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
yes i have a brooder i have the food i spent 3 weeks on videos and yes this is my 1st time im doing ok appart from hurting the baby would just like to know if he will be ok
I've never raised babies, So I can't help much. The people I tagged know exactly what to do.

Do you have a picture of the brooder? They can give suggestions to make it as safe as possible.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Also do you think this thread would be easier to see in Nursery Rhyme Drive?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
would just like to know if he will be ok
That is quite a serious injury.
I would contact your vet to advice them what happened and ask if you need to take him in for medical attention.
You will need to keep him warm on the way there, you can do this in your hand, or in a small critter carrier lined with aspen shavings and a hot water bottle underneath.

it fell from my hand but a caught it with my other
Just going to say, that if this is not what happened, to just be honest with the vet. If he did hit the floor, just let them know so they can evaluate to their best ability. I can understand why you might not want to say if the accident was a little worse than falling from one hand to the other, but the vets are the people who need to know, ok.

I really hope he will be ok.
Be sure to keep him warm and fed.

What temp is you brooder currently?
What is humidity?
What food are you feeding?
What temperature is the food?

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Yeah as Zara said definitely contact a vet about the fall, the bruising is super concerning. He could have a concussion or even a cracked skull, they’re so fragile at this stage. It’s okay, we all make mistakes. I dropped my Phoenix when he was like 3 weeks old, but luckily he was okay.

He’s super cute, I hope everything goes okay!!

Jay1970

That is quite a serious injury.
I would contact your vet to advice them what happened and ask if you need to take him in for medical attention.
You will need to keep him warm on the way there, you can do this in your hand, or in a small critter carrier lined with aspen shavings and a hot water bottle underneath.

Just going to say, that if this is not what happened, to just be honest with the vet. If he did hit the floor, just let them know so they can evaluate to their best ability. I can understand why you might not want to say if the accident was a little worse than falling from one hand to the other, but the vets are the people who need to know, ok.

I really hope he will be ok.
Be sure to keep him warm and fed.

What temp is you brooder currently?
What is humidity?
What food are you feeding?
What temperature is the food?
Hi the babys are in with a budgie she is keeping them warm she hatched them but trys to feed but nothing I feed them they are doing well now

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Did you contact the vet about the head injury?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
May I suggest when you feed the babies, sit on the floor, with a towel or blanket under them, if and if this would happen again, they wouldn't fall so far, and fall into a cushion? Hope your baby is gonna be ok,,,

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I hope the little one will be all right. The head bruising looks serious so there was an injury. No way for me to tell whats going on or the future. Best chance is to contact a vet.