• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help !

Yxmiii

Moving in
Hi guys I hope you guys could help me out . I realized that my 6 weeks lovebird nail tips has a black dots . Does anyone have an idea what this is ? B70922C9-F333-4913-A7A1-43AED12F1E21.jpeg

Conure101

Rollerblading along the road
@Zara has lovebirds so she may be able to help.

Last edited:

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Is it on multiple nails or just the one? It could be dirt on the nail, or just how the nail is colored.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
And is it in the same spot on each toe? I'm not sure so I'm not going to say anything, Someone's already tagged @Zara but I know she can help better than me.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I only have one bird with pink feet, I just went back to look at some old photos and I don´t see anything like that, though it appears to be quite a small area.

Where did you get a 6 week old lovebird from? Did you buy him or breed for him? If you bought him, it´s recommended to take new birds to the vet to be sure they´re disease/illness free (especially lovebirds!). You could ask the vet while you´re there?

**When bringing home a lovebird, it is important to have them tested for PBFD, Psittacosis and Polyoma by your avian vet.