• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help!!!

Aimeeg1986

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Aimee gleed
Hi could somebody tell me if this egg is still viable it’s around 14 days old the air sac is tilted and there are some thin red veins and a dark spot but I can’t hear or see any movement? Thank you 171A5FE9-FE98-4B97-B2E7-FF1083A7550C.jpeg 2C1CFD0B-245C-429C-AD73-83DAB9A7B0F3.jpeg

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
What species?

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Has she been sitting on the egg since it was hatched?

I am not experienced with cockatiels, but that egg does look alive to me. Normal incubation period is 18 days, so there is still plenty of time. If she didn't start sitting immediately, it might take even longer before it is ready to hatch.

I recommend patience. If everything is normal, it could be as long as a week or as little as four days. Did something happen to make you worry?

Aimeeg1986

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Aimee gleed
The
Has she been sitting on the egg since it was hatched?

I am not experienced with cockatiels, but that egg does look alive to me. Normal incubation period is 18 days, so there is still plenty of time. If she didn't start sitting immediately, it might take even longer before it is ready to hatch.

I recommend patience. If everything is normal, it could be as long as a week or as little as four days. Did something happen to make you worry?
the mother has been sitting on it but it rolled out from under her and now the air sac has ruptured so I’ve brought it inside in an incubator fat side up in the hope it either stabilises or at least has some air in the egg for hatching

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Hopefully someone with more experience will be along to offer advice. I haven't dealt with this situation before.

Most of my egg-related knowledge comes from chickens and I don't know if it is applicable for parrots. If it was a chicken, I would probably put the egg back under the hen and hope for the best.