• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP !

Lexigwt

Moving in
Real Name
Lexi
Hello readers, I walked into my cockatiels room and noticed my female raising her tucked wings up and down . She had her wings by her side and she was raising them up and down . I have never noticed this before , but she has been losing her neck feathers . Initially I thought her mate was preening them off , but now with this strange behavior, I’m not so sure . Please help!

Lexigwt

Moving in
Real Name
Lexi
Update -

Hello readers, I walked into my cockatiels room and noticed my female cockatiel pulled her own flight feathers out . I picked her up , and when she flew away from me , I noticed that she was flying tilted . I then noticed that she only plucked out her flights from one side . She has also been losing neck feathers and some crest feathers . At first , I thought her mate was pulling them out , but after noticing her pulling out her flight feathers , I’m not so sure . Any ideas ? I separated her from her mate after I noticed her loss of neck feathers , but now she’s losing crest feathers

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
They could very well be stressed from breeding but there could also be further issues going on that a vet may help you be able to determine.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I need to see pics or video to be able to have any thoughts.