• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help

Connerkennedy2

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Conner Kennedy
I recently just got a black masked love bird and on Sunday evening he suddenly died. I've only had him for about 2 months and haven't even help him yet, he was showing no signs of illness or lack of appetite. Before he died he was extremely active moving and climbing all around his cage when I went to sleep and in the morning he was dead. Does anyone have an idea of what could of happened?
-thankyou

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
So sorry you lost your little friend. Without a necropsy, it's difficult to come up wit an answer especially since he was seemingly healthy before bed. I'm assuming no Teflon pans or fresh paint to blame?

Connerkennedy2

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Conner Kennedy
No pans there was a cleaner who came to our house and I asked her to stay away from the bird and I'm going to contact then and ask because I am not sure if they were using any cleaners around the enclosed that could of harmed him.

MaxieTheBirdie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kevin Dolby
I Think You should definitely do that maybe the cleaner got carried away and used chemicals on or near the cage...
smell the cage check for any remanence of chemicals...

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
I would be suspicious of that.........everything seemed fine until the cleaner, if any of those chemicals were toxic they could affect your bird from almost anywhere in the house, even if they stayed far away from the bird room, toxic chemicals can travel and cause harm.

MaxieTheBirdie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kevin Dolby
I would be suspicious of that.........everything seemed fine until the cleaner, if any of those chemicals were toxic they could affect your bird from almost anywhere in the house, even if they stayed far away from the bird room, toxic chemicals can travel and cause harm.
true!