• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Help!

Angel_Kisses

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Angel
IMG_1425.JPG Kitt will not stop eating my tree! Is this Christmas tree poisoning my bird?

She keeps flying over to it and eating the needles.

I may have to clip her ????

My studio is little and it's her first Christmas with my live tree.
One room studio I live in.

barry collins

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Barry
Are you sure she is ingesting them? Maybe just picking them off and chewing them for fun? I know pine needles are unpalletable but not sure about poisonous. It would worry me if she was swallowing them but clipping wings sounds drastic?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Should I clip her wings ?
I hope this is a joke? If you want to resort to draconian measures get rid of the tree. Not cripple your bird for many months just to have a week or two of human vanity.

She's not eating them. She's chewing them.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
If you want to resort to draconian measures get rid of the tree. Not cripple your bird for many months
I agree. There are many things we have to give up to keep our birds safe. I would ditch the tree.

Angel_Kisses

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Angel
Ok! I no clue if she is swallowing them or not. She was clipped when I got her at three months old and her wings are almost grown out! I do my best to keep her out of the tree! I can remove the red tinsel. She really likes the tree I hate idea of making her stay out I'd it. She so happy in it

barry collins

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Barry
Clipping a young bird messes with their natural growth both mentally and physicaly all my babies are flighted and at times have been hard work but now at nearly 6 months old all of them know whats expected and return to their cage when asked and are all very tame and will step on my hand without me saying a word. I would probably give her an equally interesting corner of the room away from the christmas tree with a safer set of branches and toys and supervise her out of the cage she will soon learn if your persistent.... you cant stick a tree in a house and not expect a bird to sit in it if we're been honest..?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Your home is more bird safe without any Xmas decorations. I have not put any up for many years now. Better safe than pretty!

Angel_Kisses

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Angel
She being good now with tree! I guess first day she was just curious. I don't mind her climbing in it and playing with the tree. That was my idea to began with why I have so few decorations. I wanted them to be able to climb and play in the tree.

Angel_Kisses

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Angel
All my birds were clipped when I got them and they all grown out finally on their wings. I rather not clip anyone and been training my birds to wear a avaiator harness to go outside to play on porch in mornings so they don't have to be stuck in outside cage. When weather nice I like sitting with one of them at a time and I have tea and they get a treat and play in my potted plants and flowers which are all bird safe to attract humming birds

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
i would'nt even consider having a tree now that i have my birds unless it is in another room and not accessable to them. as for clipping their wings that is an abhorant idea. ps sorry about the spelling