• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayjamyers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
dayja
An umbrella cocaktoo 8 yrs been plucking for the 4 ive owned her and my newbie i beleive he's triton cockatoo 20 yrs(not sure exact age). The Triton has had a horrible owner before me, he was fed coffee, chocolate, butter, all the crap you can think of, i noticed he constantly shakes. Is their any think i can do for them to help their skin maybe stop them from plucking. They have toys galore as well as large cages- I am officially stuck:huh:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
An umbrella cocaktoo 8 yrs been plucking for the 4 ive owned her and my newbie i beleive he's triton cockatoo 20 yrs(not sure exact age). The Triton has had a horrible owner before me, he was fed coffee, chocolate, butter, all the crap you can think of, i noticed he constantly shakes. Is their any think i can do for them to help their skin maybe stop them from plucking. They have toys galore as well as large cages- I am officially stuck:huh:
Has he been for a good check-up at the vets?

How bad does he shake, chest quivering, or whole body shake?
He could be cold if he is really plucked.
He could have neurological damage from so much caffeine.

(

Last edited:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Is it very DRY in Your Home? If the humidity is less then 50% running a good humidifer would probably help them! Do They bathe or do You mist them at all?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
An avian vet check is in order for both the birds. They'll need a blood test for Correct Blood Count, and cultures done and whatever else your avian vet believes needs to be done to make sure nothing is wrong with them (parasites, malnutrition, deficiencies, etc).

I agree, make sure the humidity is over 50% inside your home. The room temp should be atleast 75F+ because they are plucked.

What kind f diet are they on?

Can you post pictures of them both and tell us about their daily diet?

How big is their cage?

Do you have any play stands?

How about foraging toys?

How much out of cage time?

Status
Not open for further replies.