• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with weird budgie sounds

Nate

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nathaniel
Hi, I am new here so I hope I'm doing this right

I have a 2 year old female albino budgie and today she's started making weird sounds I hadn't heard before, so I am a bit worried. They're this kind of high pitched, soft "eeeeee" breathy sounds, I don't know how to describe them other than similar to like, a door being closed in the distance. The first time I heard it she was yawning so I just thought it was funny and didn't pay attention to it, but now she's randomly doing it. I can't really find anything online, and I can't afford a vet check if they're just gonna tell me everything is okay and it's normal, so I was hoping to find some help here, if anyone knows if this is a reason to get worried

If any extra info helps, she's been eating and moving normally all day. She is however been aggresive about people as much as walking next to her for the last couple days, but I attributed that to her currently molting her feathers, as she always gets a bit "unfriendly" when that happens. There's no other remarkable informarion to give that I can think of

I'd appreciate so much if someone knows why she's doing this. I lost a budgie last year due to me thinking he was acting normal when he wasn't and I don't want it to happen again. Thank you so so much in advance

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you get a video for some of the more experienced budgie people?