• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

help with recipies

Birbo

Meeting neighbors
does anyone have any good recipies for budgies

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Did you search the links i gave you? I dont use recipes. For chopped veggies i buy the freshest i can find. It may be red or yessow sweet peppers, romaine !ettuce, broccli, kale, zucchini (graded), carrots and dandilion greens .I keep my chop simple using 3to4 of mentioned veggies. I hand chop because its a small amount each day. Your budgies will be curious about the food, especially with a bit of millet sprinkled on top. After 2 hours have passed the veggie bowl should be removed to prevent birds from eating food that may spoil with the passage of time. I concentrate on the red and orange veggies for Vitamin A that birds are often deficient in. Dont forget the importance of mother natures sunshine. Best way for birds to get vitamin D3. Birds will overheat in sunshine so watch out for panting and raising of wings to cool off. If you see them doing that take them to a cooler place. Fifteen minutes is about all they need in a day. Hang veggies on a skewer or from a clip from cage top After washing the lettuce i give them a leaf each while still wet. They will take a bath and nibble at same time.

Birbo

Meeting neighbors
i was mainly asking for bird bread recipies sorry if that wasn't clear

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You can add chopped veggies to mix.