• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with placement of a makeshift nest?

Should I move both of mates?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stevetomobs

Strolling the yard
Hey I know it’s been a while since I’ve been on here, sorry about that.

But recently I put the nest back in the group cage and two females are fighting over it, and one of them is my lil one Greenbean. Getting far to persistent at this and has gotten herself injured trying to claim the nest and I considering moving her and her mate(possibly if you all might agree to it.) to a smaller spare cage I have and since I unfortunately don’t have another store bought nest I am going to make a makeshift one and I was wondering if it was preferred to have it elevated in the cage or not.

Note the cage I am putting her/them in is very small and not a whole lot of room, I was just wondering if you guys had any tips or suggestions on this matter of me moving her/them.

Thanks!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If the options are moving one pair to a cage that may be too small vs giving them another nest, I'd just remove the current nest. If you have two pairs, then you need 3 nests. If you had 10 pairs, then it might be a good idea to have 12 nests.

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Having one nest for more than one female or pair is always asking for trouble. As you've noticed, someone will always end up on the injured list.

It's always best to have a nest that is outside of the cage, that way you are able to check on it, clean it, monitor the chicks and clean it clean it clean it.

Since it doesn't sound like you have adequate space at the moment, i would agree with Monica and remove the nest completely.