• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with name for CBC!

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
One of my favorite characters from M*A*S*H! :heart:

I try to come up with names beforehand, but I usually just call them "baby" or "baby bird" till I know their personality a bit better and a name comes about. Rupert was originally called Louie, and I can't think of that name without thinking of that song I loathe so much: "Louie, Louie, ohhhhh baby..."

After a while of having him home, Rupert just seemed to fit him, and he responds well to it. Sherbet's name was decided on the drive home. She was such a cute little yellow thing and it suited her.
I had a beautiful orange canary. We named him Skiddle.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Aires like Buenos

RiccaE

Strolling the yard
I like Yoshi. I was deciding between Yoshi and Nico.. I went with Nico. Yoshi is pretty awesome!!

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
I love thinking of names:
Jericho
Omri
Vlad
Sven
Hiro
Halo
Socrates
Quixote (Key-Yo-tee)
Horace
Elliot
Taboo
Talon
Voodoo
Pirate
Rocket
Pilot
Anubis
Pharaoh
Imhotep
Osiris
Mirage
Oasis
Tofu
These are off the top of my head :)

I actually really really like Hiro (I also see you like egyptian names, would totally go for Anubis for a larger or darker bird :p)

Thanks all for the suggestions

Last edited:

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
Another name I thought of that's been growing on me is Zephyr (Zeph for short). I don't think I've seen it used.. least not often.

I just hope one sticks once he's home (tomorrow!). I hate always being so indecisive... :p

Nola

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nola
I tried Gomez for my Jenday when I first got him, didn't feel right after a day home I chose Marley and it suits him to a tee, I have a giggle when my son Ziggy comes home and plays with him. My gcc all suited their names from the go Coco, in heaven, Rio, Pablo and Tango. My daughter's lovebirds tried PK and Doc but ended up Buddy and Mango, have a wee baby lovebird who suited Zazu straight away. I agree the right name will come when you've got to know him, enjoy your journey with your new bubba, regards Nola

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
And he's home!

Naturally he was very nervous when we first got him home, after a 2 hr drive and a flight from PA to California, but he's already started to calm down a lot. Been happily snacking on some snap peas, grapes and carrots and is happy to take head scritches. Just need to work on stepping up but not going to push him.

Some names I had in mind definitely don't fit now, so slowly narrowing it down.

Attachments

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
You could try regular name and then translate them into different languages. My RB name is Keoki which is Hawaiian for George :xflove:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
And he's home!

Naturally he was very nervous when we first got him home, after a 2 hr drive and a flight from PA to California, but he's already started to calm down a lot. Been happily snacking on some snap peas, grapes and carrots and is happy to take head scritches. Just need to work on stepping up but not going to push him.

Some names I had in mind definitely don't fit now, so slowly narrowing it down.
Hurray! Definitely give him a few days to adjust to his new surroundings. Keep an eye on his food intake and only give tiny amounts of grapes to avoid giving him loose poops. We don't realize how incredibly difficult it is for them to go through so many changes as they transition from their old home to a new one and they can hide stress pretty well. My Rocket is the only bird here I bought without physically looking at him. But I had met the breeder one time and had purchased three birds from him before. I was beyond delighted when I saw Rocket. He's affectionate and totally adores me. He was about the same age as yours when he first arrived and now nine years later he has been consistent in behavior. Never any mood swings or hormonal bouts. He's my sweet loving boy that absolutely loves to be pressed up against my face .... it's his happy spot. Rocket has never been fond of a camera... it's too scary for him to this day. His name really fits him as he likes to zip around.. Rockets red glare..... P9020034.JPG

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
Hurray! Definitely give him a few days to adjust to his new surroundings. Keep an eye on his food intake and only give tiny amounts of grapes to avoid giving him loose poops. We don't realize how incredibly difficult it is for them to go through so many changes as they transition from their old home to a new one and they can hide stress pretty well. My Rocket is the only bird here I bought without physically looking at him. But I had met the breeder one time and had purchased three birds from him before. I was beyond delighted when I saw Rocket. He's affectionate and totally adores me. He was about the same age as yours when he first arrived and now nine years later he has been consistent in behavior. Never any mood swings or hormonal bouts. He's my sweet loving boy that absolutely loves to be pressed up against my face .... it's his happy spot. Rocket has never been fond of a camera... it's too scary for him to this day. His name really fits him as he likes to zip around.. Rockets red glare..... View attachment 291739

Aw he sounds sweet (and looks very handsome .. from what I can see lol!). My boy actually doesn't mind the camera, so far anyhow... only issue is I can't find the USB to upload any proper photos. :( Guess it's time to buy a replacement.

Just been giving him his space today with the cage door open, but he's been chilling inside for the most part eating. Saw him grab carrots and snap peas the most once his grape slices were gone, with a few bites of seeds/pellets. He did surprise me once by actually flying onto my lap while I was in my desk chair; startled me for a second because I didn't expect it at all on the first day. Can't wait to see more of his personality.

Last edited:

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
Sorry for double posting but had to add this. :p

Went to get a drink, came back to this...

The little guy flew all the way from his open cage to the top of my monitor by himself. He's very interested in the cursor xD

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Sorry for double posting but had to add this. :p

Went to get a drink, came back to this...

The little guy flew all the way from his open cage to the top of my monitor by himself. He's very interested in the cursor xD
Now that you know he flies well you'll have to be mindful of a lot of things they can get into trouble with. Mirrors, windows, hot stoves, toilets.... the list goes on...

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
Now that you know he flies well you'll have to be mindful of a lot of things they can get into trouble with. Mirrors, windows, hot stoves, toilets.... the list goes on...

Yeah breeder clipped his wings, but not enough to make an impact... Of course wish she didn't at all. But oh well.

All our windows are covered, toilets shut, no mirrors, and the room he's in is fairly small. Way too paranoid to leave him unsupervised for long or have free reign of the house.

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
He's beautiful you are going to have quite an adventure with him a cbc is on my wish list some day

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
Yeah breeder clipped his wings, but not enough to make an impact... Of course wish she didn't at all. But oh well.

All our windows are covered, toilets shut, no mirrors, and the room he's in is fairly small. Way too paranoid to leave him unsupervised for long or have free reign of the house.

Sounds like you have it under control. :yes3: :tup:
Enjoy your new baby. :loveshower:

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
I think I'm going to settle on Zephyr. Just seems to fit him from the days I've had him.

Thank you all for the suggestions and input, can't wait to post updates on him here once my cameras up and running and I get to see more of his personality. :)

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
I think I'm going to settle on Zephyr. Just seems to fit him from the days I've had him.

Thank you all for the suggestions and input, can't wait to post updates on him here once my cameras up and running and I get to see more of his personality. :)
zephyr is a great name. Glad you settled on one.