• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with linnie

Amqnda7878

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Amanda obrien
Hi my name is Amanda, I was wondering I've had a male linnie jack for around 6 month an I still can not get near him to pick him up or hand feed treats,if try to pick him up he keeps rushing off I can put my hand in cage but won't take from hand but stays still he lives in a big cage with male kakariki and get along very well , any help or advice plz

winniezon

Jogging around the block
@BirdWorld just got her birds to eat out of her hands. maybe she can help. is your bird untamed ? if so then it can take much longer for birds to trust you , sometimes they may not.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Have you tried sitting next to their cage and speaking sweetly to them? Once they warm up to your prescense you can try feeding them through the bars. Linnies are famously hand-averse unless handled constantly, so you may have more luck trying to get him to come to your shoulder on his own. Some of my linnies hate being picked up or stepping up but will gladly spend hours on my shoulder

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
Practice, patience, and lots of treats :)

Amqnda7878

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Amanda obrien
Am willing to try anything love the little man so want the best relationship for us both, I can sit next to cage an he don't mind, I can but fresh food in every day an he's ok to a point of stressing out , but definitely will keep trying treats for him