• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with identifying conure mutation.

biancalisi

Moving in
Real Name
Bianca Lisi
Hello, I am new on this forum so please direct me if I'm posting in the wrong area.

Anyway. I purchased a Turquoise gc recently from a breeder in Miami FL, at Linvilles Aviary. I chose a turquoise but with the weekly pictures I am being sent its starting to look like a standard gc.

(They have accidentally mixed my bird up with another buyers who had the same name, used my payment to pay their account by accident...which was corrected thanks to me double checking my payment, and have sent me the wrong photos of someone else's bird also....so I have some hesitation.)

I own several cockatiel, and budgies but this will be my first conure. (If the conure is im fact a gc standard and not turqiouse I will still accept the bird when he is ready....but I would certainly like to know what I purchased.) I am here asking because it seems that the breeder gets a bit offended when I ask questions and I would like an honest answer which at this point I am not to sure I'll get from the breeders.

I've attached some older photos up until the ones taken yesterday. So, standard gc or turqiouse?

Attachments

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Doesn't fit the looks of a standard gcc, looks like turquoise to me

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Welcome to the Avenue... :smileflower:
Surprised they have been offended... has been THEIR mistakes! Are they the only breeder around?

biancalisi

Moving in
Real Name
Bianca Lisi
Thanks for the replies. I feel like the tail has a bit of red in it which is throwing me off.

Yes, sadly they're the only breeder around that has a good reputation..too bad they're grumpy.

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
I own several cockatiel, and budgies but this will be my first conure.
Keep in mind to not keep your teil in the same room as your conure, teil powder down can cause phs to new world birds and it is very deadly.https://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?threads/old-and-new-world-in-the-same-house.253655/

BudgieBird81

Strolling the yard
I don't think they should sell it as a turquoise, but a normal gcc. Due to the mixed look it should be classified as a normal. To me it either is, or it isn't, no in between, especially when you are talking more expensive for a color, better be all the way. Like mine for instance looks to have all sorts of qualities from yellowside to turquoise, but is a normal gcc none the less. After all every mutation comes from the root, normal gcc. But that's just my opinion. Not trying to offend anyone, I am just a bit nitpicky lol

biancalisi

Moving in
Real Name
Bianca Lisi
Keep in mind to not keep your teil in the same room as your conure, teil powder down can cause phs to new world birds and it is very deadly.https://forums.avianavenue.com/index.php?threads/old-and-new-world-in-the-same-house.253655/

Thanks so much!! I didnt know this. I do have a separate cage in separate rooms so luckily my setup works with this new bit of info.

KhanKrazy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ashley
That’s a Turquoise baby for sure. Congrats! I love my Freya. They are such beautiful birds!!!

Sorry for the breeder being kind of a jerk though. That sours the experience :/

hilarys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hilary
Looks turquoise to me, what a beautiful bird!