• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help, what is this hard little bump near her eye???

Pab.co

Checking out the neighborhood
I found this recently when I was giving her scritches. There is a hard, little nubbly bump near her eye. It is pinkish grey, hard, protrudes, and irregular shape. There is a little white ring indent on it, which I assume is a follicle?? She's never had something like this before. Can someone please tell me what this is?

I'm concerned because she's been to the vet only about a week ago for her other eye which had been swollen, only the one eye, we got her on Ciloxan conjunctivitis drops and it's much better now, but they didn't notice this bump above her other eye. So maybe it's only appeared these couple days?
(We were worried sick about the former ordeal, we suspect she had scratched and injured that other eye which led to swelling and irritation. The vets gave us 2 other types of medicine (edible anti-inflammatory serum and then antibiotic+steroid drops) to try before that, that just seemed to make her feel worse before switching her to this one. And now I find this, it's been one thing after another, so I'm concerned.)

I searched online and the only similar result suggested feather cyst?? I don't see anything poking out of it. And it's small, these pictures are about as close as I could get without the camera blurring and before she wiggles aways. She's behaving energetically as usual.

Hoping someone here knows what this is and what I should do. Thank you.

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Is it possibly just a brand new feather starting to poke out?

Pab.co

Checking out the neighborhood
That would be a relief, but Im not sure the skin is supposed to form like a hard pimple around it as in her picture? Ive only seen her feathers grow out of flat skin. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't know, I've never had a bird let me inspect them like that lol

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Yeah, none of Burt or Squeaks pins have that lump when they come through. I wonder if it’s like a skin tag? Is it tender or bothering your bird?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Email that picture to your vet.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It could be a feather cyst.
One of my birds had one and it looked like that. His was above his cere.
It resolved on its own. However, could be something else.
Good idea to email the photo as per @saroj12 suggestion or have that checked by a vet.