• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help w/Leg band info

Melissa41

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Melissa
I have a Blue Crown Conure. And I’m trying to see if I can get any information from its leg band. On one side it says
“LDF” then on the other side it has “4”.
That’s it. I’m assuming this is breeder information. I was told this bird should be 3-3.5 yr old, male. I just had a blood DNA test sent in on it. I’ve googled leg band info, sites, breeder info etc but nothing yet. I’d just like to get any information I can, if I can, from the leg band especially if it’s from a breeder.
TIA!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Marisa K.

Meeting neighbors
Info on the leg band is typically breeder-specific. There're recommended formats but there're no certain standard "rules". My vet back in Montreal told me if you got a bird and were not sure about a bird previous history, take it to the vet -- they might have the bird with this leg band documented in their system and could possibly help you send out inquires to other vet hospitals.

Check this link out if you're interested. The owner of that aviary is pretty professional, having spent 2 years studying Avian science at UC Davis.

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
Info on the leg band is typically breeder-specific. There're recommended formats but there're no certain standard "rules". My vet back in Montreal told me if you got a bird and were not sure about a bird previous history, take it to the vet -- they might have the bird with this leg band documented in their system and could possibly help you send out inquires to other vet hospitals.

Check this link out if you're interested. The owner of that aviary is pretty professional, having spent 2 years studying Avian science at UC Davis.

Interesting article. Walter had an open band on him at one time but it literally had zero information on it. No letters no numbers nothing. Which really makes me wonder if he was legally captured. I got him from a pet store but that was in the early 1980s. I have no way of proving anything anymore other than a lot of pictures. Makes me think.