• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP URGENT BUDGIE CANT POO???

budgies123

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Okay guys please please help. Ive got my budgie today and a while ago he pooped fine. Now i was checking on him/her and i saw his tail a bit up so i checked his vent and he was pooing! Awhile after his tail was still up and it seems he cant pass his poo or its stuck to his vent. It looks normal and its not runny or dry. I cant take him out rn since its night and number 2 hes not exactly fully hand tamed. Hell let me have a gentle hold of him but not exactly tame. Please please help guys! What should i do? Cant go to a vet because none are near rn and none are open at this time!

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
When was the last time he had a drink? I've noticed this once with one of my lovebirds, who had been napping on me. I took her to get some water after I removed the poop from her backside and she was fine after that.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is he dehydrated? Can you get him to drink or eat watery food? Like romaine lettuce or apples, spinach? If you can, clean his butt with warm water and kind of " massage" it at the same time. Hope he's OK!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Hope your budgie is ok.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The reason it's dry and sticky is because of a seed diet. He is lacking in fresh food and water. Just work on feeding him better and it should improve.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Very good!
Thank you for the update!
Now we want some pictures of your baby!
:fairy2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
So how are you going to handle wellness and emergencies since you are far from an avian vet?

budgies123

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
The reason it's dry and sticky is because of a seed diet. He is lacking in fresh food and water. Just work on feeding him better and it should improve.
i am working on switching his/her diert and (gonna say he a lot) he is stubborn as a mule! :lol:thanks for your advice :)

budgies123

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
So how are you going to handle wellness and emergencies since you are far from an avian vet?
i will try and look around incase i missed any avian vets i did see an avian vet here somewhere but idk if its specifically "avian specialized" ill look into it :)