• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Help! Update! Possible egg binding

Dusty

Moving in
Real Name
Jasmin
So I posted a thread already asking if mating mightve been normal between 2 male conures, turns out I now have 2 birds laying eggs after 5 years of presuming them to be all males (kun, nap, and runt being the male)

So I know the genders now, but one of them has layed 3 (nap) (and discarded them all or they have smashed at the bottom of the cage) and kicked then out of the sleeping tent and the other (kun) has layed done but now has a very swollen abdomen and i fear so badly that she might be egg bound? I feel no egg and im worried because when nap layed 3 3 eggs, i felt them all in her stomach and she was never this swollen! the last egg she layes was.. not yesterday but the day before, or the morning yesterday. She is tail bobbing in her sleeping tent and has (nap) close to her at all times, I hear frequent peeping which concerns me and it sounds like the peeping closer to when they was being hand fed as chicks (I handfed them)

Please help, Id rather ask before spending such a fee at the exotoc vets but ill do it for my baby

Dusty

Moving in
Real Name
Jasmin
Im feeling Runt, and now I swear i feel a hard curcular egg in him?? What the hell is going on???? These cant be test eggs that produce every year because theres been 5 layed now and he shows completely different behaviour ( like holding onto my finger with his beak gently and completely regusing to let go along eith not sitting in the nest)

I must just be paranoid but that was not there before