• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help this new momma out

Aubszoo

Moving in
Real Name
Auburnie
A little background...

I had budgies when I was younger, my husband had tiels when he was younger, and we have had a tiel for a year. I've always wanted other breeds.

About 3 months ago we decieded to add a sun conure to our home, when we went to meet our baby we fell in love with a green cheek both from the same breeder. My daughter fell in love with a parolett, and my son another sun, then my other daughter also wanted a green cheek. All have been from the same breeder. So the sun's are brother and sister, and the greens are sisters (all had DNA testing to verify sex)

You would think we would stop there... our list is crazy long on the breeds we want. I am very diligent in making sure the breed fits our personalities.

We we have decided to add a bare eyed cockatoo! We weren't planning on adding for another 6-12 months. But we were in our favorite parrot store and we met 2 bare eyes and have decided to move the bare eyed purchase up! This baby should be ready in about 3 weeks, we don't know if it's a girl or boy yet but we don't care one way or the other. Our bare eyed is from a different breeder, but both our breeders know each other and speak highly of each other.

All of our babies were hand feed and handled regularly.

Currently our little group hangs out on the large perch the majority of the day together for the most part they get along great, one green cheek has attidude with the others every so often . All have thier own cage but cages are mostly for sleeping since I work from home they are able to be out for 80% of the day.

Now that the background story is told...

We want our bare eyed to hopefully be able to mix well with the others, we are going to get another perch and have it next to the other one so there is still space for them to intermix or have space.

What tips can anyone give to make sure no one gets stressed out, or have struggles with each other.

Also our current group gets a mix of seed mixture, topped with dried greens, a little bit of roudy brush (they don't tend to like it as well) and fresh fruit daily . Our bare eyed is going to be used to just roudy brush. Would it be better to keep her/him on just roudy or give a bit more of a mix like what we give the others?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I am excited to add a large bird to our family I want to make sure the birds get the best care we can give.

Thank you in advance for tips for this new feathered momma!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well if these were all raised together & hang out ok you are lucky!
Lotta personality there & these birds grow up...

Good Luck

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Got admit thats a cute flock of fids!

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Beautiful birds! They look so comfortable together!!