• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Help post

Roman avia

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Abu Bakar Siddique
3 months old splendid parakeet, what will be best food for, what measures should i needed to take.
I think this is a male what types of female will be best

Attachments

Roman avia

Real Name
Abu Bakar Siddique
I am residing at Bangladesh so that I have not able to buy this organic foods, if you suggest, I have able to prepare at home.
I am feeding white molen egg food and seedmix

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Welcome to the avenue!

You don't need eggfood, it should be fed maybe once a week. Seeds should not make up the whole diet, look into getting some pellets like roudybush or harrisons. She/he also needs fresh veggies in their diet.

We can confirm boy or girl with a picture of their face in natural sunlight.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Abu! 1.welcome signs.gif

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:greet13: Welcome!

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Welcome! What kind of parakeet is your bird?

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome!!!!

Splendid are wonderful birds! They’re part of the grass parakeets family, so you really should have a seed mix that is as varied as possible. I would search or build a mix that had at least 8-10 different seeds. They’re granivores and do well with a diet of about half seeds. Especially if you have them in an aviary flying free. I would recommend that you offer fresh lettuces daily in addition to other leafy greens and grasses. Since you cannot obtain pellets, your focus should be on the veggie and grass side of things. I would love more photos! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a bird like yours- does he have the pied gene? How old is he?

Roman avia

Real Name
Abu Bakar Siddique
Welcome to the avenue!

You don't need eggfood, it should be fed maybe once a week. Seeds should not make up the whole diet, look into getting some pellets like roudybush or harrisons. She/he also needs fresh veggies in their diet.

Thanks for your feedback dear, expecting such kinds of help on the days ahead, thank you so much.

Roman avia

Real Name
Abu Bakar Siddique
Welcome!!!!

Splendid are wonderful birds! They’re part of the grass parakeets family, so you really should have a seed mix that is as varied as possible. I would search or build a mix that had at least 8-10 different seeds. They’re granivores and do well with a diet of about half seeds. Especially if you have them in an aviary flying free. I would recommend that you offer fresh lettuces daily in addition to other leafy greens and grasses. Since you cannot obtain pellets, your focus should be on the veggie and grass side of things. I would love more photos! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a bird like yours- does he have the pied gene? How old is he?
Thank you so much dear, this is almost 3 months old. I will try as suggested you. Thank you so much.

Roman avia

Real Name
Abu Bakar Siddique
Welcome!!!!

Thanks for your feedback, feeling great full for your in brief suggestions which will be more helpful for me. Thanks once again, expecting such suggestions on the days ahead.

Roman avia

Real Name
Abu Bakar Siddique
Welcome to the avenue!

Thank you so much for your feedback, i will search roudybush or harrisons in our locality (Dhaka, Bangladesh).