• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

help please:(

Diana_mer1

Moving in
Real Name
Diana Merini
my budgie has been growing a weird nasty bump on her beak and she had one on her right side, but she managed to take it off, it does hurt her only a a little cause she makes tiny squeaks but when she took it off there was no marks there. it’s really bothering her though

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! After seeing the picture, I have a question. Is she being handfed? It looks as if it could be dried on formula.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Take her to an avian vet. They will be able to examine her properly, examine the bump and perform any necessary tests.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It does look and sound like dried food. Maybe dried mash? Or food she´s eaten and regurgitated...

Does your bird bathe often? Offering a plate of water and lettuce leaves to wash in and rub on could help.

Diana_mer1

Moving in
Real Name
Diana Merini
It does look and sound like dried food. Maybe dried mash? Or food she´s eaten and regurgitated...

Does your bird bathe often? Offering a plate of water and lettuce leaves to wash in and rub on could help.
yeah the more i looked at it the more i felt like it was some type of dried of food or something and no she hates baths but i’ll for sure be honest offering a plate of water with lettuce:) thank you so much!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If you think that it is dried on food and that it is bothering her, then I would recommend getting a warm wet face cloth and using it to soften the food to remove it. She may not be happy with the process, but it will be beneficial for her in the long run.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You are welcome, and good luck!