• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help needed to get out of abusive situation

lizmisssun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
liz
Hey all... it comes with a heavy heart that I have to look into rehoming my beloved cockatiel due to a pretty extreme home issue.. I am wondering if anyone knows any good rescues or fosters in the South Eastern WI area.. or if someone knows anyone looking for a loving sweet baby cockatiel. Please don't be harsh this is a very sensitive time and I am heart broken in so many ways and am wanting the safety for my beloved bird and myself.

TIA

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
I am so sorry for what you're going through. There's no judgment from me...I understand. Here are some rescues I found in Eastern Wisconsin:
Feathered Friends Sanctuary and Rescue
LARRS

Those were rated well on Google. You could also check with your local humane society as I know some locations accept birds. Please be sure to ask them questions to make sure they're the right place for your bird if you can't find someone to take them. I wish you all the best, along with strength to get through all of this. Take care of yourself. :sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm sorry you have to rehome her. Could someone keep her for you for awhile instead?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m so sorry you are going through this Liz.
As Michelle said, is there anyone who could foster your bird for a while, maybe then you can be reunited in the future? Reaching out to a parrot rescue they may be able to help find someone to foster him if you have noone to help you.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Liz, when I was in your situation many years ago the local animal rescue (dog shelter) took my dogs, cats, and cockatiels and cared for them free of charge until I was on my feet. Just out of the kindness of their hearts.

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but somebody wants to help you. You just have to find them.

:hug5:

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Did you find anyone to foster your tiel? Are you still looking?