• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

help naming our new guy

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh what a precious baby!!!! :swoon: :faint:

Have you decided on a name yet? When do you bring him home?

bonjourtok

Meeting neighbors
Have you decided on a name yet? When do you bring him home?
No name yet! My oldest is insistent on Sharky :hilarious:. I'm just waiting for his cage to be delivered. I drove hours earlier in the week to find one and no luck so it had to be ordered. If the cage gets here early enough that I can clean & set it up he may come home today! :birdance:

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Did the cage arrive? What’s the latest on the name?

bonjourtok

Meeting neighbors
Did the cage arrive? What’s the latest on the name?
So the heart overruled the head and we brought home this 6 month old girl. She was the oldest they had & the only pied. We held "Sharky" the blue guy and he was very unhappy with us. This yet to be named girl caught my attention each time we visited so I decided to just go for it :rolleyes:. She is a lot more nervous about hands & being handled than our male that we brought home at 3 months old, so we're just hanging out by her open cage a lot and letting her do things in her own time while she's in quarantine. I believe she's a sea green pied(?) and not dutch blue pied because her beak is half pink half horn...Open to name suggestions for her also!

IMG_7919_jpg.JPG

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very beautiful!! She´ll look stunning when her flights grow back. I love the way Pied birds flight feathers are multicoloured, I find it so charming :swoon:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She’s gorgeous, congratulations!

Dania

Strolling the yard
I think Charm would be a cute name. I love the pied birds. Makes me think of tie-dye. Mako would also work for a female. If you have seen Sailor moon. Sailor Jupiter is Makoto, Mako for short.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
She’s so gorgeous she reminds me of summer green grass blue seas yellow sun shining I would name her summer such a gorgeous little lovebird I am so tempted to get a yellow/green lovebird got to talk hubby into three first tho birthday in June so surly he can’t say no to me haha :rofl: