• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Help!! My green cheek conure has mucus from her nose and watery droppings

JiangM

Sitting on the front steps
My 3 years old green cheek conure Matcha has had mucus and trouble breathing lately, I took her to the vet 2 days ago and they said she was having respiratory infection and they gave me some antibiotics. This moring when I checked on her, she still had trouble breathing, she breathes with her tongue out now and suddenly her droppings seemed watery (picture bellow). I don't know where else to ask, please help me.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Definitely call your vet to let them know you feel your bird is worse and ask if there is any more you can do and when you should expect to see some improvement.

Keep your bird warm, quiet and calm while it is unwell to make sure it has the best chance to rest and get well.

JiangM

Actually I did sent them some clips about Matcha and they said that she was fine, but I had a feeling that she was not, there is no other vet near my house so I posted here to ask for help.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Are you seeing any improvement yet?

JiangM

Yes, but sometimes she still sneeze and has mucus from her snares, the vet said that she was overheated and by sticking her tongue out, she was releasing heat. I'm worried because I haven't encountered this situation before.

JiangM

Hello, so Matcha hasn't gotten any better since Monday, the vet's advices don't help at all, she still breathes with her tounge out even when it's not hot. On Tuesday I found out that she had been sleeping like this (pictures bellow), she's sleeping like this now and she's been eating less and less, every time I feed her some formula (I made it watery so she could swallow), she gets choked and shakes her beak side to side to get rid of the formula. What should I do? I also started hearing clicking sound when she was breathing, it went click...click.... then stop and repeat that click sound.

Attachments

Last edited: