• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! my cockatiel is having muted chirps

jenthetiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
I will try my best to capture her and send it to you guys, as a new bird owner, your help is really appreciated

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, she’s so cute! Well that looks like female mating behavior. You don’t have to worry about it or do anything. Just make sure she has no nest areas, gets plenty of darkness, and you don’t pet her anywhere but her head.

jenthetiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Aw, she’s so cute! Well that looks like female mating behavior. You don’t have to worry about it or do anything. Just make sure she has no nest areas, gets plenty of darkness, and you don’t pet her anywhere but her head.
What about in the night? Should I have a small light switched on throughout the night?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yes, a night light is recommended for tiels as they are prone to night frights.
Do you cover her cage at night?
If so leave a small area open to let some light in.

What perch does she sleep on?
Try to clear an area around it so if she gets a night fright that she wont bang or flap into anything hard or drop down on a perch etc. Damage from night frights comes from hitting things or falling down on them in the cage.

jenthetiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Yes, a night light is recommended for tiels as they are prone to night frights.
Do you cover her cage at night?
If so leave a small area open to let some light in.

What perch does she sleep on?
Try to clear an area around it so if she gets a night fright that she wont bang or flap into anything hard or drop down on a perch etc. Damage from night frights comes from hitting things or falling down on them in the cage.
Thanks for the useful info, will do it