• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help.. my bird has something inside ome of his nares

Man9oMango

Moving in
Real Name
Jacquelin
So mango is a sun conure, since yesterday ive noticed one of her nares is swolen (i figured maybe its because of a little scratch, since she’s molting on her head sometimes she scratches them too hard). But today (in the morning) i found out that the swolen nares is plugged/clogged. So i kept on putting tissue on her swollen nares so the liquid that clogged her nares will be absorbed.. and later today (at night) , she sneezed after she stretched his feet, than a white thing came out from the swollen nares.. it was kinda big considering his nose thrills holes..
(Also, she keeps on fluffing her feathers, idk if its because of the molting or she’s sick ☹☹ Please help.. we have no vet available in our region, she also trembles is this serious illness?

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
To be safe, I would take her to the vet. Everything you described can be signs of illness. Although nares can get clogged sometimes with seed, etc the fact that it's swollen and there is discharge is concerning to me. If you tell us where you're located we can perhaps help you find a vet or I believe there are places that will do online vet consults, although i have never tried it.

Man9oMango

Moving in
Real Name
Jacquelin
To be safe, I would take her to the vet. Everything you described can be signs of illness. Although nares can get clogged sometimes with seed, etc the fact that it's swollen and there is discharge is concerning to me. If you tell us where you're located we can perhaps help you find a vet or I believe there are places that will do online vet consults, although i have never tried it.
Im from indonesia.. sadly there’s limited vet here ☹ But thanks anyway for the advice.. she seems better today.. her nares is not that swollen anymore.. i decidec to do a nasal rinse on her... it work wonderfully i hope.. all of the mucus came out.. i hope she feel better tomorrow..

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Is there anywhere that does an online vet consult? Keep us posted please. I'm glad she's doing better today.

Man9oMango

Moving in
Real Name
Jacquelin
I tried to contact vets from the bigger city but none of them are willing to do a online consultation :(
Will do! :D
Today she’s feeling much better, no more discharge, way less sneezing (her sneeze sounded dry not like the previous days) the nares is still swollen i think? Its not red anymore but the hole is still smaller than the other.. (also im thinking about buying a humidifier)
and remember the trembling? Turns out she’s trembling because she was scared of me.. these past days ive been picking her up with towels to pick her boogers out..
shes way better now.. also i added organic coconut oil to her food and i put some on her feet and beak (might’ve touched her nares a bit, i hope its okay)

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad she's doing better! :)