• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Help! My bird bit my other conure and he has dried blood and lost feathers!

CuteConure

Checking out the neighborhood
I was on my computer and after a few hours I went into my room and I saw blood on the seed catcher net. I looked around and saw my GCC with dried blood on his foot and lost feathers above his leg. I searched up some websites but none of them had my situation. One said take your bird to the again vet ASAP if it’s an animal bite (infection reasons) but I don’t know if it meant birds. I believe it meant dogs and cats. What should I do? The bird who bit him was a baby Sundae conure. (Jenday and sun conure) the nearest avain vet is an hour and a half away btw.There isn’t as much blood anymore bc I washed his foot off a little with a bowl of water and he also managed to break his toenail off but I’m not as worried because he did it himself a few days ago

Attachments

CuteConure

Checking out the neighborhood
Ah, sorry. I meant, “One said take your bird to the avian vet ASAP if it’s an animal bite (infection reasons) but I don’t know if it meant birds.”

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Yes birds often get infections from bites. Now the bleeding has stopped I suggest you call around to get an appointment with the vet. A missing toe nail (no matter who did it or how) can be very very painful- please get your bird seen by an avian vet.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, fortunately you don't have to worry about the deadly bacteria in dog or cat saliva. But I agree that this warrants a vet visit for antibiotics and pain medication.