• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent HELP MY BIRD ATE A BIT OF PENCIL LEAD

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
Joined
6/16/21
Messages
95
i was doing hw with my bird and she wanted to play with my penicl so i took the eraser and lead out (mechanical pencil) and let her play with it. there was some left that didn't come out tho and i heard some cruching in her mouth. i saw she was chewing on the tip of the pencil and something black was in her mouth what do i do it was probably only a bit but im still rlly worried help
 

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Joined
9/15/14
Messages
20,011
Location
Quincy,CA
Real Name
Deanna
What a stinker! It should be okay because pencil lead isn’t toxic or made out of lead.
 

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Joined
11/17/09
Messages
26,085
Location
The valley of the sun
What a stinker! It should be okay because pencil lead isn’t toxic or made out of lead.
Right! It's not lead.. but I'm thinking graphite now a days... not poison...unless a huge amount is ingested.... just dont let her do it again.. is she acting ok?
 
Top