• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help my 4 mo GCC just flew into my patio door window

Bishrl

Moving in
Real Name
Robon
About 30 mins ago he flew from across the room into my window. I'm very worried. Can anyone tell me what to watch out for as far as any damage. He seems ok, but it's being more lovable right now than normal. He does seem like his balance is a tiny bit off. But it could just be me paranoid. Im worried about concussion or he could be in shock still and acting more normal because of it. He is eating fine right now and was preening himself about 5 mins ago and wanting head and neck rubs but I just put him in his cage to keep an eye on him. I saw a post about a budgie and the same issue on here that ended up showing worsening symptoms the next day and then passing. I'm freaking out over here. Thanks in advance.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Things to look out for are changes in behaviour, especially things like lethargy, sleepiness, being fluffed up, lack of co-ordination, lack of interest in food and water.

Keep him calm and quiet in a cool room. Warmth can increase swelling. Please seek veterinary help as soon as possible.

Bishrl

Moving in
Real Name
Robon
Things to look out for are changes in behaviour, especially things like lethargy, sleepiness, being fluffed up, lack of co-ordination, lack of interest in food and water.

Keep him calm and quiet in a cool room. Warmth can increase swelling. Please seek veterinary help as soon as possible.
Thank you so much. He is eating fine so far and still is wanting to chew on my water bottle holder. so hopefully that is a good sign. I will watch for the other symptoms too. No puffing up right now.