• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP ME!!!!

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
None of your business :)
I just came home to find my bird bopping its head i was like "aww cute" then i realised that it looks like he is trying to get something out of its throat or vomiting. I need some help and am wondering if he is sick!!!!

Update*
Of course now that i've posted this he doesnt seem to be doing it anymore. :cautious:

Last edited:

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
This might not be what it was, but look on youtube and find videos of "cockatiel adjusting crop". I remember the first time I noticed one of my birds doing that I was so scared and thought it was going to die! If those videos look similar to what your bird was doing, I wouldn't worry about it, but if it looks different, it may be something to get checked by a vet just in case.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Regurgitating?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If you google regurgitation you are bound to get some youtube hits for it, if you have troubles let me know and I will find some footage for you later on, I am just about to go cook tea.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
None of your business :)
If you google regurgitation you are bound to get some youtube hits for it, if you have troubles let me know and I will find some footage for you later on, I am just about to go cook tea.
Winnie was bopping his head like that but im not sure if he regurgitated anything

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
They don’t always follow through with bringing food up.
If it’s only happening a few times a day it’s generally no concern, if it’s happening a lot or there’s a weird smell or other odd new things you’re seeing too etc then it’s worth investigating further.