• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help me, please, with my feather plucker, self mutilator, scared, and aggressive CH Conure

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I do feel badly for him, and I’m trying to help ease him through it all.
You are doing great with him. It's been such a short period of time- really. Just take it one day at a time. :)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I do feel badly for him, and I’m trying to help ease him through it all.
I can relate to that. It's definitely hard on one's heart looking after a mutilator. You may never have a "perfect" outcome. But things don't have to perfect to make a world of difference. You are providing him with a good and loving home combined with vet care. Sadly many birds don't get that. Keep fighting the good fight. You're already doing an amazing job! :hug8:

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you’re crafty, have a field day making petal collars!! My blue crown had different “outfits” for the seasons. And with fleece coming in so many patterns, sky really is the limit!!

And you tell him his “girlfriend” is just beautiful...

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you’re crafty, have a field day making petal collars!! My blue crown had different “outfits” for the seasons. And with fleece coming in so many patterns, sky really is the limit!!

And you tell him his “girlfriend” is just beautiful...
I’ve already ordered some fleece :)

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, I was hoping to wait until after Mass today to take off Opie's collar and let him have some time to see how he would react. Unfortunately, he decided to take a bath in his water dish this morning...so I had to catch him and take it off. He is currently warming up near his Sweeter Heater and a heat lamp. And I won't be able to go to Mass so I can keep an eye on him.

Wish us luck!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
F551C93F-4D2A-4840-98A0-15D6C4BF0596.jpeg
A full 24 hours without a collar now! I know I can’t assume he’ll never harm his chest again, but I’ll take what I can get at this point. If he does, then back on with the collar...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:shocked6: His chest looks like nothing ever happened! :cheer:

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
What a handsome little naked chicken! He looks amazing! Im been following quietly and what a great job you both have done! Extra congrats to you momma for taking care of this beautiful birdy :loveshower:

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
When we first got home from the vet visit today, he was definitely not speaking to me! But, after some cajoling and a wee bit of crust from my sandwich, he started to warm up! I ran him around the cage with target training, and he had another play top session, too! He was pretty good and tired by the end!

View attachment 373133 View attachment 373134 View attachment 373135
:cantwait:Opie's feathers are so vibrant! I love how they contrast with his new collar. So trendy!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
View attachment 375057
A full 24 hours without a collar now! I know I can’t assume he’ll never harm his chest again, but I’ll take what I can get at this point. If he does, then back on with the collar...
That's awesome!! I'm so happy for both of you :heart2: Hopefully he can be collar free from now on, but you're right that it's really hard to know that for sure. I hope things continue to go well for both of you! :heart: