• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

help me name my street dogs

winniezon

Jogging around the block
i feed around 60 street dogs a day and i use a bucket to feed them. i name all of them i can but i have run out of names. can you help me name some. i will describe them to you and maybe post pics.

1. small mother dog that is dark brown and has a black saddle spot on her back. her tummy is light brown.( she also has a puppy that looks like her but has a white patch on the back of his neck and needs a name)

2. white male dog who looks sort of like a white Labrador. he lives with a big goofy male dog called hank and a collie looking male dog called spot and a brown dog who is a girl and also needs a name.

3. a small girl dog that looks like a hairless lurcher. she is a very light brown and has a white tummy. her sister is small too and has a black back and it merges into grey then white on her tummy. they are both the daughters of noodle who has wagged her tail for the first time today.

4. a brown girl dog who looks a bit like a Rhodesian ridgeback as her nose and around eyes are black. she has two boyfriends Sammy and Tammy(i thought Tammy was a boy name :p).

5. 3 white puppies( neutral names because i don't know if they are girls or boys) who are tubby. their mother is lightish brown along her back and also needs a name.

Vittror

Jogging around the block
1. The mom dog: Ibu (means mother in Indonesian, at least that's what google says). For the pup: Mocha (your description of his colours reminds me of that kind of drink :)

2. The white dog that looks like sort of like a labrador who lives with other dogs: Amigo (Portuguese - google says - word for 'friend'). The female dog: Cinna(mon).

3. Lomi (is a kind of Filipino dish you can make of noodles (the food) Wiki page on Lomi), the name sounds cute I think :) Her sister: Misua (another kind of dish you can make with noodles (food), originated in China - Wiki says: Wiki page on Misua)

4. Amethyst (maybe Amy for short?) or Ruby? Not really based on anything, just 2 names for gemstones.

5. For the 3 white puppies: Snow, Blizzard, Winter
Their mother: Ava (as from avalanche)

The way I mostly name (my own) animals is by looking at their personality and behaviour but I hope this helps a bit!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I love the name Noodle.
My favourite past pet dog was a Rhodesian ridgeback cross called Noodle!!

Think of movies you like and use the characters or actors names.
Music is another place for name inspiration- my recently deceased dog was called Devo as he was a whippet. My current dog is called Suzie Q.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Awwww, thank you for feeding them :)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
So sad to know they are just running loose like that! All the diseases they are not protected from, and they keep reproducing.

So sad, thanks for caring for them. What Country are you in?