• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Help me choose a cage, please!

Mari Amaral

Meeting neighbors
Hey, guys!
I've been doing my research and it seems it's finally time to choose a cage!
After a lot of thinking, research and talking to you guys, I decided I'll get two cockatiels. Some of you guys suggested I should buy two cages instead of one, even if the tiels are still babies.
Unfortunally these are very expensive here in Brazil, so I'll only show you what I can afford right now (I would love to buy something bigger, but I really can't - and keep in mind that I'm buying two of them).

Here are some pictures and the cage meajurements:
the bigger all white one: 64cm x 40cm x 100cm (140cm with the stand) - in inches> 25 x 15,7 x 39,5 (55 w/ stand)
the smaller all white one: 64cm x 40cm x 140cm (with stand) - in inches> 25 x 15,7 x 55 (they don't informou the hight without the stand)
the blue one: 64cm x 40cm x 88cm (150cm with the stand) - in inches> 25 x 15,7 x 34,5 (59 w/ stand)
the green one: 64cm x 40cm x 88cm (150cm with the stand) - in inches> 25 x 15,7 x 34,5 (59 w/ stand)

the white ones are more expensive. I think the smaller one is too small, but what do you think about the others?
(and I will replace all the perches and food/water bowls, of course)

Should I keep looking for something better?

Attachments

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
Over all I would say the two white ones are better. I would go with the bottem one because it's more square shaped. To bad the bars are vertical instead of horizontal . You know so they can climb.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Not an answer to your question but a suggestion:) Maybe you could look for second hand cages? Don’t known if there are a lot of those where you are, but sometimes you find great deals on second hand cages!

Mari Amaral

Meeting neighbors
Not an answer to your question but a suggestion:) Maybe you could look for second hand cages? Don’t known if there are a lot of those where you are, but sometimes you find great deals on second hand cages!
yeah, I tried to, but I couldn't find anything good... most of them are way too small...

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
If I was getting one, I'd probably get the taller white cage, or the green one.
They are all pretty much comparable though, except I would NOT get the shorter white cage on the right because the bar spacing looks too big to be safe for a cockatiel.

I tend to prefer flat topped cages myself since you can set things on them and the birds like to sit on top of the cage. But that isn't essential.

Mari Amaral

Meeting neighbors
If I was getting one, I'd probably get the taller white cage, or the green one.
They are all pretty much comparable though, except I would NOT get the shorter white cage on the right because the bar spacing looks too big to be safe for a cockatiel.

I tend to prefer flat topped cages myself since you can set things on them and the birds like to sit on top of the cage. But that isn't essential.
thanks! the smaller white seems to be the worst... it is the smallest... but i think the bar spacing is 15mm (0,6 inch)

what do you think about the ones I just found?

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
thanks! the smaller white seems to be the worst... it is the smallest... but i think the bar spacing is 15mm (0,6 inch)

what do you think about the ones I just found?
15mm spacing is fine, it just looked bigger in the photo.

Those other 3 cages you just found look very good though! Even the smaller of them would be nice and spacious for two cockatiels, if you have the room.

Last edited: