• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help me _ baby in need

Leave the bird?

• Leave it there

• Take it home

Results are only viewable after voting.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Such a little cutie :( thanks for trying!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Bad news guys. He didn´t make it.

I managed to get water in him, and I had tried with crumbled bread, but he was already so weak.

My boyfriend has taken him to bury him in the community garden.

Poor little guy :(

@Hawk12237 thankyou for trying to help us ❤

This is what I thought. I feed all the chicks in the park and they eat themselves. The hens just protect them from other cocks and the quakers.

Awwww. Well from the pic it looked weak. Probably been this way for a few days.
you tried!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Aww poor little thing. I'm glad he got to pass being loved, even for just a few hours.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
We've had chickens for years, and it sucks to lose any of them :sadhug2:
You did the right things by giving him some food, water, and heat. We keep a heat lamp and big tote around for any chicks we acquire, though after coming home with 10 when I was sent to buy 5, I think I've been banned from chicks ;)
Great job giving him some love and care in his last hours, chickens are sweet little creatures with feelings, and I'm sure your presence was appreciated!

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Judging from that first photo, he looked like he was already too far gone. I am sorry he passed away, but I am glad ihe was with somebody who was trying to save him.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
For what I see in the first pic is a healthy looking baby besides from that it is very weak.
Sorry to say but I think the kid hurt him.
They are so fragile and kids don't know how to be gentle in that way.
I blame this on the kids parents that has full responsibility for this.

Thank you Zara for trying ♥♥♥

When I visit Simrishamn for a few days ago I saw two kids throwing stones at the ducks.
They did think it was funny seeing the ducks that expected they threw food. I don't think they understand that those stones could hurt the birds and how mean it was to fool them when they where hungry.
Of course I get really angry and the girl almost was peeing in her pants when I run against them screaming. Her brother (I think it was siblings) said he was really sorry several times after I explained how wrong this was.
I didn't lecture them, I did educated them instead.
But this is not my job. Parents have a responsibility to teach kids what to do or not.
And these kids were nice kids, they just didn't know.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry that this little one didn't make it. Thank you for giving them some love and care - I'm sure it knew that you were trying to help.

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
Poor little baby. You are an angel for helping him. I hope you take some comfort in the fact that he had some love and kindness before he passed. :sadhug2:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
For what I see in the first pic is a healthy looking baby besides from that it is very weak.
Sorry to say but I think the kid hurt him.
They are so fragile and kids don't know how to be gentle in that way.
I blame this on the kids parents that has full responsibility for this.

Thank you Zara for trying ♥♥♥

When I visit Simrishamn for a few days ago I saw two kids throwing stones at the ducks.
They did think it was funny seeing the ducks that expected they threw food. I don't think they understand that those stones could hurt the birds and how mean it was to fool them when they where hungry.
Of course I get really angry and the girl almost was peeing in her pants when I run against them screaming. Her brother (I think it was siblings) said he was really sorry several times after I explained how wrong this was.
I didn't lecture them, I did educated them instead.
But this is not my job. Parents have a responsibility to teach kids what to do or not.
And these kids were nice kids, they just didn't know.
I agree, there are parents out there that haven't a clue how to bring up kids. Nothing against kids, just see poor parenting skills. Then of course, kids don't come with an instructions manual. ( hey where's the on and off switch at? How do you turn it off?....lol)
Was at a Wal-Mart recently going down the ilse, checking things out, when this young mother and her 2-3 year old tasmain devil, was walking beside her. The little devil had a can of pop, and ran up and slammed the can into my groin! I double over thinking WTF man!!! The woman just smiled and continued walking the isle with that that uh....evil little Tasman devil!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Omg guys. I'm just so... Lost for words.....

After all that yesterday... I'm walking home from the beach.. I had stopped at the rocks on the way home to feed some turkey to the cats....
As I walked round the rocks on the promenade my nephew shouts bird!
I look and a cat has a baby in its mouth, I tried my best to intersect but he just brushed my fingers flappi g his little wings as the cat went through the iron fence.. 2 seconds earlier and I'd have had that baby....
What a bad run of luck. Poor baby bird.

Third time is a charm so maybe I can help the next bird in need.... :(

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Omg guys. I'm just so... Lost for words.....

After all that yesterday... I'm walking home from the beach.. I had stopped at the rocks on the way home to feed some turkey to the cats....
As I walked round the rocks on the promenade my nephew shouts bird!
I look and a cat has a baby in its mouth, I tried my best to intersect but he just brushed my fingers flappi g his little wings as the cat went through the iron fence.. 2 seconds earlier and I'd have had that baby....
What a bad run of luck. Poor baby bird.

Third time is a charm so maybe I can help the next bird in need.... :(

The forces of nature are cruel. Unfortunately, it's all in the needs of the predator, and the predator usually wins. All we can do is intercept and change an outcome. But truth be told, we, as humans, were never meant to intervene, but we do out of kindness of our hearts. That's our nature, and even that clashes with true nature. Sad but true.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I know Michael :(

Ugh I feel so crappy. I first saw the bird in the cats mouth and thought it was dead, as soon as it flapped I went over, fast but not enough to make the cat run. These stray cats are quite friendly, will eat nicely from your hand and are somewhat tame because people feed them, they aren´t starving - heck I was just round the other side of the rock feeding the others, and lots of dears visit with kibble and tuna etc. not to mention the tourists see the cats and go off to the shops to buy them food.

Just sad to see the little guy flapping trying to get away :(

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Agh! That’s so sad about the poor little bird and the cat. Just watch, your next post will be about saving a bird in need!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes, me too... or not finding a bird in need at all.

There were lots of people stood watching the cat take the bird. I was the only one who tried to get it. I had noticed a lot of people around as I was walking around the rocks but I had eyes on the toddler, I only looked around when he shouted bird and pointed to the cat.

I just hope they ate the bird and didn´t just kill it for nothing. I have walked down there before and found birds on the ground, mauled but not eaten. Because the cats are well fed. They even get regular vet checkups.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Sadly they don't eat what they catch when they are well fed. They just hunt for natural instinct.
Once I saved a sparrow from a cat mouth. I saw the cat sneaking near the place where I feed the birds.
My ex bf and me later saw the cat catching a sparrow and I run out and when the cat realize that I was fast and probably scared (as I did shout at the top of my lungs) it, it stop running. (once in your life you are lucky)
Without thinking I bend the cats mouth open and the bird was alright. I don't know if it's was damaged but the sparrow flew away and I hope it survived.
Their is no way I can see a bird being injured or catch without doing my best to save it. I can not understand how some just can see it happen.
I also have saved a few days old baby from a dogs mouth (that I also bend open) and that baby I returned to the nest.
So everything is possible. I always scream at the animal. Letting it know that I'm really angry. After I always find that a little bit stupid because the dog can get angry back from protection.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I know Michael :(

Ugh I feel so crappy. I first saw the bird in the cats mouth and thought it was dead, as soon as it flapped I went over, fast but not enough to make the cat run. These stray cats are quite friendly, will eat nicely from your hand and are somewhat tame because people feed them, they aren´t starving - heck I was just round the other side of the rock feeding the others, and lots of dears visit with kibble and tuna etc. not to mention the tourists see the cats and go off to the shops to buy them food.

Just sad to see the little guy flapping trying to get away :(

I know, it is hard to see any animal suffer. Your like me, I can't stand back and let it happen. I have to help it.
I love in a state that has over 250,000 registered deer hunters. That's a he11 of an army of killers to animals. Of that number, about half are bird hunters, duck, quail, geese, pheasants, grouse,rabbit ,squirrels, coyote, moose, bear.
It's sickening, though I love shooting guns, I won't hunt or kill an animal.
Once we had a deer come into our garage. A doe. When I opened the door to go in garage I expected it to run off, it stood there. Walked slowly out and stood out side the garage. As I stood there it turned to walk back in garage.
Just feet from me. I called for my wife whom was inside watching. Said this is unusual.
Come to find out her fawn was trapped in fence
Belonging to nieghbor that joins our yard. My wife being a surgical assistance doing surgeries on animals spring into action, took her top off and wrapped it over fawns head to calm it and stop it from kicking and injuring itself. I unwrapped the barbed wire from leg.
Keeping head covered, we brought the deer up to garage, cleaned it wounds and applied dressing. Then released it. All the while, momma deer was in the distance, not far but watching.
Isn't just amazing that a wild animal can ask a human for help!!!! It's not unheard of.