• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help male or female

Klf91

Moving in
Real Name
Kirsty
Hi can anyone help identify if my irn is male or female? I got her just under a year ago from a breeder who says she’s a female, she has just had her first molt and developing a slight orange ring round the back of her neck an a few black marks round the front so now I think she Mabe a he?

Attachments

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Hi can anyone help identify if my irn is male or female? I got her just under a year ago from a breeder who says she’s a female, she has just had her first molt and developing a slight orange ring round the back of her neck an a few black marks round the front so now I think she Mabe a he?
I would say male but I am not sure.

Klf91

Moving in
Real Name
Kirsty
Thanks I’m the same I was positive it was a girl but now I’m not too sure iv got some better pictures now she’s out of the cage. She’s still in molt so her feathers are still fluffy.

Attachments

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I can't tell if it's just shadow, as it seems darker in some pictures. I think (the 3rd picture looks the clearest) that it is a male, but I am really not sure.

I can't think who to tag, I'm sorry. @Zara any members come to mind?

Klf91

Moving in
Real Name
Kirsty
Thabkyou for the reply, Ino there not the best pictures she/he not really tame yet so can’t get close enough without it flapping around

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Thabkyou for the reply, Ino there not the best pictures she/he not really tame yet so can’t get close enough without it flapping around
I understand that, my parrotlets are the same.

Hopefully someone can give you a more decisive answer soon!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Kirsty :starshower1:

I cannot quite see clearly on the pics, so if you are unsure you will either have to wait for the markings or run a DNA test :)

Also, is that your birds cage? Have you thought of upgrading it?

Klf91

Moving in
Real Name
Kirsty
Welcome to the Avenue Kirsty :starshower1:

I cannot quite see clearly on the pics, so if you are unsure you will either have to wait for the markings or run a DNA test :)

Also, is that your birds cage? Have you thought of upgrading it?
Thankyou Zara
She’s just in that cage temporarily as I have a male IRN who she was in with but unfortunately they had a really big fight yesterday so I had to separate them!and that was the only cage available, Which I think if she turns out to be male that would be the reason why my other RN keeps chasing and snapping at her I have ordered a new bigger cage to put her/him in