• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help !!!! Lucas has been on antibiotics tomorrow he ends it

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
At first I saw improvement after three days and even four then now again he has been sneezing and wheezing again it goes for a small period of time then now again. The vet said he found some organism and that he has mycoplasma. I am so worried that the infection is still there . Any suggestions I have to call him back tomorrow to tell him Lucas still doing that

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
I suggest you keep working with your vet :) not much more you can do right now!
True I will call first thing in the morning and maybe he will send him another round of antibiotics? Is too much antibiotics bad for him ? Just wondering

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Some antibiotics are harsher and shouldn't be given as long, while others are fine for longer usage.

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
Some antibiotics are harsher and shouldn't be given as long, while others are fine for longer usage.
Oh ok that’s what I thought thank you ! he said his infection was very strong so he has been on it for 10 days which are tomorrow and I have been given him his probiotics too. I will post the name of the antibiotic he is taking tomorrow after school to show you guys .

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
I have a question do you guys think I should look into another avian vet for Lucas or when birds have infection do they usually takes longer to get it cured ? My family is mad at me cause they are saying I am spending a lot of money and he didn’t cured him and that he knows he has chronic infection I am so hurt but I know they don’t mean wrong but I am still hurt and I know I have spend a lot of money with Lucas right now.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It depends on the type of infection and if it's antibiotic resistant, etc. Some birds go through one course of medication and are fine. Others have to go through months of treatment before it's cured. You can get another opinion if you don't think your vet is doing a good job, but if your vet is already treating correctly, going to another vet may not change the course of treatment much.

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
It depends on the type of infection and if it's antibiotic resistant, etc. Some birds go through one course of medication and are fine. Others have to go through months of treatment before it's cured. You can get another opinion if you don't think your vet is doing a good job, but if your vet is already treating correctly, going to another vet may not change the course of treatment much.
Yes I know he is and is one of the best avian vet but my family don’t understand that they think he is just making me spend money but I know it can get expensive when your birds are sick . Yeah he had mycoplasma and on Thursday he is going to put an injection and do some nasal spray and send him with another round of antibiotics. He cured Lucas the last time with just one time med but this time he did said the infection was very strong. Wish me luck Thursday I just want to help Lucas

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Lucas2019 Is the injection the vet gave him Doxycycline?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that Lucas is having issues and a bad night. How is he doing today? I hope he is better.

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
Sorry that Lucas is having issues and a bad night. How is he doing today? I hope he is better.
He was fine until I just came from work and he is having trouble breathing and he is sneezing constantly, I am scare he won’t make it until his vet appointment tomorrow

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
He has the sinus infection

Can someone tell me if this treatment ok for him

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It would depend on if the infection was cultured. Those are standard treatment medications though.

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
It would depend on if the infection was cultured. Those are standard treatment medications though.
This is the second round of antibiotics he was prescribed another one before . But yeah they said he had mycoplasma organisms the last time