• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help is it normal ?

Maryame6b

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mary
Hi I’m new in this forum I got a GCC Conure suncheek of 2 month she is happy playing a lot and I think she scratched one of her eyes because she don’t control yet like an adult even her walk sometime when she want to play she walk like a drunk person. Anyway the problem is that my other Conure got in the room where I was doing a quarantine and he started fight whit her and then cleaning her feather so I don’t know if the quarantine is still needed… when they got close to each other I noticed that her eyes was not same as him her eyelids in 2 eyes is bigger and more pink I’m so scared if it’s something bad that he is going to catch the breeder told me that it was 100% guaranteed no desease when I bought her and now I’m scared but I think maybe I’m paranoid because I read a lot bad things about desease in internet and I start see desease everywhere,
When I bought her I noticed her feet and nails were more red than my Conure maybe it’s linked

Attachments

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Hi and welcome!

You're concerned because her eyes are bigger than your older bird's eyes? Did you notice a change in her eyes from before the interaction to after? Not comparing her eyes to his, but her "normal" eyes.

There doesn't seem to be any discharge, swelling or redness from the pictures.

It's always advised to have a wellness exam at an avain vet with any new bird. That way you can be sure she's healthy.

I would still continue the quarantine period. Even if for just allowing the birds to continue to get used to the sounds of the other from a safe location.

When you do begin to introduce, be very cautious and ensure everyone is safe since there has now been a previous altercation between the two birds.

Last edited:

Maryame6b

Real Name
Mary
hi thanks you very much for the replay
I mean her eyelids look thicker and pinkish and I’m really worried I took an appointment to the vet for next Tuesday I really wish she have nothing because my bird touched her whit is beak and tong so if she has something he will have catch it and I’ll never forgive myself. I think she was same but the red was less obvious when I got her. Here I took a picture in light but from far pictures her eyes look normal

Hi and welcome!

You're concerned because her eyes are bigger than your older bird's eyes? Did you notice a change in her eyes from before the interaction to after? Not comparing her eyes to his, but her "normal" eyes.

There doesn't seem to be any discharge, swelling or redness from the pictures.

It's always advised to have a wellness exam at an avain vet with any new bird. That way you can be sure she's healthy.

I would still continue the quarantine period. Even if for just allowing the birds to continue to get used to the sounds of the other from a safe location.

When you do begin to introduce, be very cautious and ensure everyone is safe since there has now been a previous altercation between the two birds.

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I think the differences you're seeing are more down to mutation than anything else. That said, a health check should now be your highest priority as she's already met your other conure - it's best to nip any potential illness in the bud for the sake of both birds.

Maryame6b

Real Name
Mary
I really hope so much it is the mutation I contacted the seller and he said it was normal and that he checked the parents and they both had pinky round same as her so maybe it’s the mutation as you say or maybe both parents are sick ? I really can’t wait my appointment I’m becoming crazy But you people reassured me a lot thanks so much at least now I know there is high chance it’s nothing

I think the differences you're seeing are more down to mutation than anything else. That said, a health check should now be your highest priority as she's already met your other conure - it's best to nip any potential illness in the bud for the sake of both birds.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Agree with @Ripshod its the mutation your birds eyes are the same as one of my conures that is the same mutation as your bird.
I would still continue with qt and see a vet as planned.