• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! IRN seems afraid to come out of cage

staceylynn

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Stacey
Hi, normal behavior.... as soon as the cage door opens Chloe is out climbing to the top and playing. 2 days later, open door and is open for 3 hours and she won’t come out. The weekend was busy so wasn’t able to let her out, and now she doesn’t seem to want to come out at all. Environment, toys etc are all the same. When I finally get her out she flies to the kitchen. She will sit on my shoulder until I walk to the living room, back to the kitchen she goes. I don’t get it!

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
Maybe it’s just today.... what do you do before she acts like this? Maybe she just wants to rest or wants a break.

staceylynn

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Stacey
Maybe it’s just today.... what do you do before she acts like this? Maybe she just wants to rest or wants a break.
If it was almost bedtime I could understand it better. Sunday was the day I left the cage door open for at least 2 hours and she didn’t even attempt to come out, which is odd and has never happened before. Maybe I’m just not used to it? It’s just so sudden I’m afraid of missing something that I shouldn’t