• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

HELP If my bird have a food allergies, what can i do ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Well have you fed him anything new or different? What allergy do you think it is? I'd avoid that food in the future, as for right now a bath may help with the itching or I think I've heard folks here recommend aloe and water. I'm sure someone with more experience will come along with better advice. :)

Carmen

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmen
Saturday I baked a BIRD BREADS
Sunday I found it itchy
Monday I took it to see vet, have a blood checks, feather examination (microscopy)....Than the anti-inflammatory drugs and tranquilizers..... dont know what happened.

I search AA, some bird gets hemp seed will food allergies, the bird breads have hemp seed.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Eliminate anything that you think caused the reaction from it's diet. If that clears it up then you can slowly reintroduce ingredients one at a time to identify the problem.

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does Chacha normally eat birdie bread or is this a new food? Wheat and corn are allergy foods common in birds.

Carmen

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmen
Hi All

Thank you for your interest

Cha Cha was a first time eat birdie bread, tonight, when i back home, he's better than yesterday

CcH:):) :):heart:

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
I agree with Stephen everything that is new stop and reintroduce each item one at a time and see if you have any reactions to each item.

I would also suggest more baths this may also help.

Welcome to AA and you have some beautiful babies.:D

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I pmed you and as what is said I would stop introducing new food until you can have a handle on it by observing your bird and itchy patterns after eating you will know what he is allergic to sometimes it takes a while to know what food is causing the problem the problem with birdie bread I was having is founf in my signature under birdie bread it has some links to what my bird was allergic to but each bird is different and yours may not be the same:hug8:

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
poor chacha! he looks so itchy. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.