• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures help id my birds!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The dark bird on first pic is a Personatus lovebird.
Picture two is a Fischeri x Personatus hybrid.
Last 2 pics are Fischeri lovebirds.

Welcome to the Avenue! :starshower1:

mrsjerico

Moving in
Real Name
denise
these are all pairs and seem to be bonded. are these ok pairs?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
these are all pairs and seem to be bonded. are these ok pairs?
That depends.
If they are bonded and you are keeping them together but won´t breed them, then they can be with whoever makes them happy. I have a brother/sister pair that I allowed to stay together, so it is my responsibility to make sure they do not breed.

If you want to breed these birds, then the Hybrid is a no no. The Fischeri together are an ok pair.
There is a white bird in the picture with your Personatus that looks to be Fischeri, so that would be a bad pair.

Hope that helps :)

mrsjerico

Moving in
Real Name
denise
That depends.
If they are bonded and you are keeping them together but won´t breed them, then they can be with whoever makes them happy. I have a brother/sister pair that I allowed to stay together, so it is my responsibility to make sure they do not breed.

If you want to breed these birds, then the Hybrid is a no no. The Fischeri together are an ok pair.
There is a white bird in the picture with your Personatus that looks to be Fischeri, so that would be a bad pair.

Hope that helps :)
which one is the hybrid?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
If you have no idea what species your lovebirds are to begin with I would say you are not prepared for any breeding situation and should not even consider it. Have you even DNA sexed your birds to know what gender they are?

mrsjerico

Moving in
Real Name
denise
i do know a lot about birds. i know a lot about lovebirds. i use the pelvic bones to sex them. just because i dont know the all different types doesnt mean i am not capable of breeding them. i certainly will not be asking questions from you nor will i want a reply from you.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
i do know a lot about birds. i know a lot about lovebirds. i use the pelvic bones to sex them. just because i dont know the all different types doesnt mean i am not capable of breeding them. i certainly will not be asking questions from you nor will i want a reply from you.
No need to get nasty. You did state you were getting started with lovebirds and needed help identifying them.. which suggested to me you might not know enough before you venture into breeding. Pelvic sexing isn't considered reliable so you must be an expert with years of experience.

mrsjerico

Moving in
Real Name
denise
please stop harassing me. i came for good advice not your crap

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
please stop harassing me. i came for good advice not your crap
Andrea is offering good advice. Planning to breed birds when you don't even know their species or their gender is not exactly a great idea. And telling you so is not harassment.

mrsjerico

Moving in
Real Name
denise
i asked for help iding my birds, not to be lectured or harrassed.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
The advice being given is being given out of a place of concern, honesty and experience.
I don’t believe anyone is trying to upset you or be rude, I feel you May have misinterpreted. Please don’t feel like you’re being attacked, you’re not.
This kind of advice is given by these experienced members frequently and for a good reason. Their intentions are always pure and for the benefit and success of your birds.
Not everyone who comes here looking for advice or help knows everything they need to know and most are grateful for the extra information.