• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! I need formula recipe

Kaybugs2

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kayla
Hey i have three baby lovebirds and one isn't getting fed enough, in my town i have no access to bird formula. Can i use baby rice cereal/formula or does anyone have a recipe?

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
In an emergency you can use high protein baby cereal. This is a short term solution, so you still need to buy a commercial formula. If you can’t purchase it locally you will have to order it online because baby birds need the nutritional value they offer for proper growth and development.

Reactions: Ali

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Baby formula and a number of baby cereals contain dairy, which parrots cannot digest. It might give the little one digestive issues which you definitely don't want!

Can you order some parrot handfeeding formula online and get it delivered? Ones to look out for are

Hari Tropican Hand-Feeding Formula - Hari
Kaytee Exact Exact Hand Feeding for Baby Birds : Pet Bird Food: Bird Seed and Bird Food Pellet Diets | Kaytee
Psittacus (small bird) Papilla mini
Versele Laga A19 https://www.versele-laga.com/en/be/...aviary-birds/products/nutribird-a19highenergy