• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help...he ate tape

MarthaG

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
MarthaG
My PeeWee has ate some tape around his mirror I made for him and now he has diarrhea and acts a bit ill. There are no vets near me, not that I can drive to. Any advice? Is there anything to give him for his diarrhea?

Last edited:

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
What kind of tape and how much did he eat? Have you seen any tape bits in his poo? Is he vomiting when he eats?

If possible move him to his travel/sleep cage or animal carrier. Keep him cozy and warm (not hot) and away from cold AC blasts. Provide lots of water in easy to reach bowls near where he is perching. If he isn't passing the tape and vomits when he eats, he is probably impacted (clogged digestive system) and the only help would be an emergency visit to the vet. If the tape is passing and he can hold down food, you might be successful with the very risky support-and-wait plan. If there is any way to drive to a vet, even if it's two hours away, that is probably going to be the highest chance for a good outcome since he is already showing serious symptoms.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Any updates on your bird?