• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Help diagnosing toe issue for Timneh African Grey

Lee C

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lee
This was early in the process of getting him to eat whole foods. No joke, huh? I now give him greener bananas, and I don't peel them or clamp them. You may notice that he was a plucker when I got him.
286362067_492659965963490_2058133675935728338_n.png

Charlie, parrot number two (He and Grady do not interact at all, ever.):
1666557301816.jpeg

Charlie was enamored with Peaches!
1666557473598.jpeg

Peaches turned out to be a male, and he was diagnosed with severe heart disease the day I adopted him. He lived just over a year after that. The necropsy confirmed the cause of death. Oh, he is in his original cage there, because he was blind. There is a 30" x 30" out of view to the left where he spent his days. I called that big cage "daycare". "C'mon, Peaches my man, we are off to daycare." :] He slept in his original cage every night, though.

I have since adopted three more Senegals. I only sought out the second one for Charlie. The other two found me, so to speak.

Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This was early in the process of getting him to eat whole foods. No joke, huh? I now give him greener bananas, and I don't peel them or clamp them. You may notice that he was a plucker when I got him.
View attachment 415492

Charlie, parrot number two (He and Grady do not interact at all, ever.):
View attachment 415494

Charlie was enamored with Peaches!
View attachment 415495

Peaches turned out to be a male, and he was diagnosed with severe heart disease the day I adopted him. He lived just over a year after that. The necropsy confirmed the cause of death. Oh, he is in his original cage there, because he was blind. There is a 30" x 30" out of view to the left where he spent his days. I called that big cage "daycare". "C'mon, Peaches my man, we are off to daycare." :] He slept in his original cage every night, though.

I have since adopted three more Senegals. I only sought out the second one for Charlie. The other two found me, so to speak.
Oh my goodness all your babies are adorable! Peaches sounds like a sweetie I'm so sorry that you lost him so suddenly after only having him a short time but I'm certain you made his last year so full of love and joy.

Lee C

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lee
Ivy, Senegal #4 is out of view in this photo. I have the two males in my dining room aviary and the two females out side the aviary with Grady.

1666558062698.jpeg

Before:
1666558205421.png

During
1666558226186.png

Supervised setup:
1666558258559.png

After, with new low-profile (for flight space) light, which has multi-color-temp lights, each separately dimmable now.
1666558308610.png

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Lee C

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lee
Dining is overrated, right? :] There is a good amount of space here, and I don't make much use of it, so they might as well.