• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help. Cockatiel with a hurt wing. Need advice.

Nea

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nea
I have a 7/8 month old cockatiel. And recently I’ve noticed her wing is hurt. She didn’t fall or anything but she was clipped when I got her so she’s still learning to land properly it’s possible that she hurt it when i wasn’t around. She keeps on pushing her wing/ shoulder back and forth. And every time she preens it she makes a pain noise. She flys fine and when I touch the wing that is hurt she isn’t really bothered by it. But I was wondering will it heal on its own. Does it seem like a bigger thing, dislocated Or sprained. It’s definitely not broken. I’m traveling next week and I’m having my cousin care for her but idk if anyone could take her to a vet. She’s my first bird and idk any vet places plus I don’t drive and my brother’s been too busy to take her. Will she be fine. Her wing isn’t drooping down at least not really it looks to be the same. And she looks fine but I could tell she’s in pain. I’ve noticed every time she flys and lands that her wing starts to hurt more because of the movement. Basically I wanna know if she’ll be fine and if it’ll heal on it’s own. And if it’s not a big thing. Should i have her in the cage more so her wing can rest. Please help

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello Nea,

It is always best to have wing injuries looked at by the vet. There isn´t really a way around it. At the very least it sounds like she will need pain medication.

I know it´s not ideal with your upcoming trip, but I would highly recommend getting her seen this week before you go away. Maybe have a chat with your brother to see if he can help, or another family member. I know some of our members here have taken their birds on trains and in taxis to seek medical attention.

Nea

Real Name
Nea
Hello Nea,

It is always best to have wing injuries looked at by the vet. There isn´t really a way around it. At the very least it sounds like she will need pain medication.

I know it´s not ideal with your upcoming trip, but I would highly recommend getting her seen this week before you go away. Maybe have a chat with your brother to see if he can help, or another family member. I know some of our members here have taken their birds on trains and in taxis to seek medical attention.
I’ll try getting him to get her checked. He’s not going on the trip with me so if he wasn’t able to take her before I leave he can take her after. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything serious. She (or he) is always talking and singing she isn’t in like total pain. It’s when she flys. Buy I’ll definitely see if we can have her checked. Thank you

Nea

Real Name
Nea
I’ll try getting him to get her checked. He’s not going on the trip with me so if he wasn’t able to take her before I leave he can take her after. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything serious. She (or he) is always talking and singing she isn’t in like total pain. It’s when she flys. Buy I’ll definitely see if we can have her checked. Thank you
I’ve noticed her wing got better. She doesn’t seem hurt anymore but i’ll still have her checked just in case