• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! Change in my budgies' droppings

rosemary

Strolling the yard
Yesterday morning I noticed when slightly different dropping- bigger and since it had accumulated more sand with more fluid.

This morning all their droppings over night were the same as yesterday, way bigger in mass than usual. There are no other indications, they had a great day yesterday, I was home so their cage was open all day, they flew around, ate like usual, super active. Oh and only their night droppings are like this!

Lately its been more warm, and I feel like they have been drinking a bit more. They have a seed with pellets mash on top and chop in the afternoon diet (which they are still trying to get used to) WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 06.53.46 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 06.53.45.jpeg

Should I take them to the vet or has anyone else experienced this? Could this be considered normal? I will lookt out for tomorrow's droppings.

This morning both of my budgies' droppings looked different. Usually it looks more like the ones on the bottom (small droppings). They both eating breakfast like they usually do right now.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I would actually be inclined to remove the sand and use white paper so you can actually see the droppings properly. Is there a possibility you could do that so you can get a much clearer view at the poop?

rosemary

Strolling the yard
I would actually be inclined to remove the sand and use white paper so you can actually see the droppings properly. Is there a possibility you could do that so you can get a much clearer view at the poop?
yes, I could do that tonight and through the day to really see the difference. Or would like a picture of the current droppings for better inspection?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
yes, I could do that tonight and through the day to really see the difference. Or would like a picture of the current droppings for better inspection?
It will be helpful for you to be able to compare the differences.
Most of us use plain white paper to make monitoring all droppings easy.
The other poopologists here will find a few pics spread over some hours more helpful than a description and a single poop..... we do not tend to stress over one or two poops that look different (unless blood is in them) but if they have been different for a decent length of time like a day or two then we start to try to rule things in and out.

rosemary

Strolling the yard
It will be helpful for you to be able to compare the differences.
Most of us use plain white paper to make monitoring all droppings easy.
The other poopologists here will find a few pics spread over some hours more helpful than a description and a single poop..... we do not tend to stress over one or two poops that look different (unless blood is in them) but if they have been different for a decent length of time like a day or two then we start to try to rule things in and out.
I just put down plain white paper and newsletters (I conveniently only had a couple plain left :), I will update in a couple hours. I was heading towards panic land, so this is definetely relieving.

rosemary

Strolling the yard
To be honest, I'm not seeing anything to be alarmed about but @Shezbug is right. Can you put paper towel down instead of the sand?
Thank you for your response, eases my stress levels a bit :) I just put down paper for better inspection, will update in a couple hours/days.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge